If you are looking for the Chapter 1 content for the 1st Edition of Exploring Arduino, please click here.
Getting Started and Understanding the Arduino Landscape
Chapter 1 is available as a free PDF Download to help you decide if you’d like to purchase the entire book.
- Arduino Uno or Adafruit METRO 328
- USB cable (Type A to B for Uno, Type A to Micro-B for METRO)
Download Code (2nd Edition, Chapter 1)
(Also available on GitHub)
This chapter only uses the Blink example built into the Arduino IDE. Instead of downloading the code, you can also access it by navigating to File > Examples > Basic, and clicking the “Blink” program within the Arduino IDE.
- Adafruit Windows Drivers
- Arduino Installation Instructions
- Arduino Download Page
- Arduino Product Listing
- Arduino vs. Arduino Hack-a-Day Article
- On page 10 in the “The Arduino Bootloader and Firmware Setup” feature, it incorrectly states that the Upload Using Programmer command can be found in the File menu. This command used to be in the File menu in older versions of the Arduino IDE, but now resides in the Sketch menu.
The following video is a bit dated, but still provides a good introduction to the Arduino ecosystem: